Monday, March 18, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? 3/18/13 (The Evening Edition)


I don't have much to report this past week (sad face).  But I did manage to finish one book and a brand-spanking new shipment of books did arrive in the library today with more expected this week, so my TBR list is about to sky-rocket!

Books I read:

Hardcover--which I much prefer.
Suits the tone and mood of the book
with the rough-hewn dress and sans make-up
Mary in smoky-eye and blackliner?
I don't think so paperback cover.


The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan.  I am a self-professed M. Night Shamylan fan and as I mentioned in last week's report, I was really excited by the The Village-esque quality to this story.  I don't know how I feel about the protagonist, however...I'm getting a "I'm a choosy girl who has two great guys who adore me and I just don't know what I want so I'm going to let my indecisiveness destroy everyone around me" vibe.  But, Mary does have some difficult decisions that I know all seventeen-year-old girls can relate to:

Do I believe what I've always been told and conform to what's expected of me?
Do I leave the familiar but limiting community I've grown up in to face the dangers of the unknown and risk being even more alone than I am now?

Do I choose the boy who makes me feel like I'm burning or the one who has the constant source of warmth?
Do I run into a forest of flesh-eating zombies, many of whom were once my neighbors and relatives, or do I hide on a platform indefinitely?

I mean, come on...who wouldn't relate?!

Books I'm Reading:




Books to read: 



What are your reading plans this week?

1 comment:

  1. Drama!!!!! I love Drama! I read Forest of Hands and Teeth recently and I agree that the hardcover definitely represents the book more. I do have to say that the paperback is a little more appealing to me and I'd be more likely to pick it up than the hardcover...but then I might have been disappointed that the cover doesn't really match the whole feel of the book. Don't judge a book by its cover? Or should we? :)

    ReplyDelete