Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Glolgster...not your ordinary poster project.

Tech Tuesday #6:  Glogster--Virtual Posters


Thanks to a very unwelcome visit from the stomach-flu fairy, I missed yesterdays Tech Tuesday posting :-(.  So this week I am presenting Tech Tuesday on Wednesday!

Everyday I have teachers ands tudents asking me about technology tools for class presentations.  They are eager to move beyond the traditional stand-and-present poster project or click-and-read PowerPoint (this makes my heart happy).  Today I present Glogster, an interactive poster creator.  Gloster allows the creator to create a mash-up of video, images, text, and graphics to create a virtual poster.  View the VoiceThread tutorial below for a basic introduction of the educational version of glogster (edu.glogster.com).




Ideas for Glogs:
  • Book reviews
  • Advertisements
  • "About me" presentations
  • Compare/ Contrast ideas or topics
  • Illustrate concepts
  • Extend and Deliver in VESTED

Have you or your students glogged?  Tell us about it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Great to see you are starting work with Glogster! I was wondering if you'd be willing to speak with me about our Glogster EDU Bloggers Guild. If you are interested in cooperating with us, please get in touch with me at stephanie.lachman(at)glogster(dot)com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete